About this blog...
Hi all, I just couldn't express the excitement in me to work along 'The One' :-) to maintain this blog. Aggregating an index of 1000+ Indian Bloggers is no small job. And the due credits go to Thennavan, who had brought this blog this far.
My part here is just to make it better.
Before I started working on this blog, There were some difficulties, which i've tried to overcome.
First one, being the inability to provide daily posts. So far, we've found very hard to communicate with the bloggers. As a number of bloggers pointed out in the comments, a post like 'Blog of the Day would be great for a blog index like this. I've made some changes as,
- The whole of the Indiblogger Index which till now had occupied this space as a single post, has now moved out to the bottom, paving way for daily posts.
- Putting in some effort so as to make the list user-friendly, I've included a small script that converts the Linked lists into Expand/Collapse Menus. This way, the list looks short and sweet and easily accessible. Now its easier to find what we want with just a few clicks compared to a full page length scroll up and down!
- The Blogger Comments is replaced fully by the Haloscan Comment Management, the reason being easy maintanence and also to reduce the redundancy in providing the links to be updated. From now on, say, it just once, and we're here to hear. :-)
- As you can see, the Minima Template width is expanded so as to make the blog look not so cramped.
- From now on, we'll try to provide Updation Logs..which means, we'll provide a log of what, where and in which name your links are updated based on the information provided by you. This means, just by using the search box on the top left corner you'll be able to find where your link sits in this blog as per the recent updation of your link.
- We'll try to keep this blog simple. I can understand, it would be better if we provide the exact URL just beside the name of the Blogger, but imagine loading the information for 1000+ bloggers (Which will only increase as days come)... That will affect the page loading speed. Instead, as a contingency, we'll try to provide the URL in a way that if you leave the mouse over the link, you'll be able to see the actual URL (This is on the test phase!). In fact, even now, its very simple. The best identification is always the name of a person. So, this wouldnt be a problem. Even then, your ideas are welcome on this topic.
- This index aims to be the most comprehensive of Indian Bloggers List or even as a best comprehense index among all countries. As Thennavan says, any blogger who is Indian and who has interest in India shall be indexed here.
- So, even if your blog is in a language other than English, we invite you to provide information about you, here. A new section as Indian Language Blogs can be created.
- The best idea should always take advantage of the modern technology! RSS/XML/Atom Feed links can be provided just beside the link of your blog, so that people using Feed Aggregators would find it very useful. So Please provide the links for the feed of your Blog.
- The last but not the least, Photoblogs. A new photoblog section is planned so as to include the photoblogs also in our index.
Please provide the information as required above and also visit, and verify often and update as you change URLs or even if you change places. It'll be better if you provide the information in the following Standard Format as a comment to the posts...
- Preferred Name:
- Blog URL:
- Feed URL (If any):
- Your Current City:
- Your Current Country of Stay:
- (Tip: We suggest you provide your Blog title as Preferred Name rather than your name, cos that would provide some idea abt ur thoughts, interests and ideology for anyone who goes thru the list just like that!)
- (Tip: Please provide just your current city, rather than your place of origin. This would help others to find u in ur place easily, help in arranging blogger meets and reduce redundancy in the list, avoiding a name being repeated twice takin up more space)
- (Tip: If you require a change, please provide under which city and country your blog is indexed so that we can find and change it easily.)
- It'd be better if we remove the dead links of bloggers who didnt blog for quite a long time, say 4 months at a stretch, so tht this would improve the usability of the Indiblogger Index. So, if you find any such blog, any broken link, do inform us, so that it could be removed/fixed.
- Please link this page as a proud Indian Blogger in your Blog. Word-of-Blog through 1000+ blogger will be more effective in making this as the most comprehensive index for us, Indians.
- We can even organise a Theme Week like featuring blogs of the same kind for one full week. Together we can make this index more efficient and fun-filled experience.
Thanks for your co-operation and help till date. Without you, this wouldnt have been possible... :-)
- Help - How to include your blog?
- How to include your blog?
Very Simple. Just provide us your information in the following format as a comment. We'll do the rest... :-)
- • Preferred Name:
- • Blog URL:
- • Feed URL (If any):
- • Your Current City:
- • Your Current Country of Stay:
- Simple Tips
• We suggest you provide your Blog title as Preferred Name rather than your name, cos that would provide some idea abt ur thoughts, interests and ideology for anyone who goes thru the list just like that!
• Please provide just your current city, rather than your place of origin. This would help others to find u in ur place easily, help in arranging blogger meets and reduce redundancy in the list, avoiding a name being repeated twice takin up more space
• If you require a change, please provide under which city and country your blog is indexed so that we can find and change it easily.
• Know what this site is all abt... Read it here.
- How to include your blog?